Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend












My brother, Kauhi, and his family joined us again this year for Thanksgiving. They live in St. George, so it's nice to have some family close enough to be able to spend the holidays with. It was just our family and his so it was a small gathering but it was nice.
We had the traditional turkey meal, and Kauhi brought a ham so we had that also. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, mainly for the FOOD, and we had a pretty nice "spread" of food! Our turkey wasn't as big this year as it was last year, which I'm glad. We had leftovers last year, for days, and I think I ended up even having to throw food away, so this year our turkey was smaller, but it was just the perfect size.
Kauhi and his family stayed with us for a couple of nights, and on their last night, we went to see the Christmas lights at Ethel M's Chocolate Factory Desert Garden. It was a pretty nice night...it wasn't too cold, which was nice, considering it had rained for two days a couple days before. Of course, we had to stop in the factory to get some candy, just the free one they pass out to everyone. Santa Claus was available in the garden for whoever wanted their pictures taken with him, but my kids didn't want to. They seem to think they're too old to sit on Santa's lap, I guess. But Kauhi's kids did, and Santa gave them chocolates on their way out.
All in all, we had a nice Thanksgiving weekend. I look forward to another one next year...as always!

1 comment:

Schroeder's in a NUT SHELL! said...

I thought that was a picture at Ethel M's ....it sure was beautiful...you guys looked like you had a great time.....do you have your tree up yet? I have...it was harder decorating this year...maybe because all that is going on...but I am glad it's up