Sunday, June 22, 2008

My Trip to Hawaii


I had the privilege of going back to my home...Hawaii, on June 9, 2008 mainly to attend my nephew's graduation luau. Unfortunately my family couldn't come with me due to the cost of airfare and having to fly 5 other people there. It just didn't work for us financially. My nephew, Matthew Moa, graduated from Kapolei High School and his parents put a luau together for all his family and friends to celebrate. The party was on June 14th, and everyone had a great time! It was nice seeing relatives and friends I hadn't seen for a long time. The food was ono(delicious), the company was great, but what was most special for me was being able to get together with my family/siblings and singing again...something we always did growing up. Unfortunately, one of my siblings, Kaiana from Idaho, wasn't able to make it. I was only in Hawaii for one week and the time sure flew by quickly. I wished I could've stayed longer, but the time that I did spend there was something very memorable for me. I was able to spend time with my mom who has Alzheimer's, and although she probably didn't know who I was, it was still very special for me. Of course spending time with my dad was special, and seeing how he takes great care of my mom really gave me a sense of peace knowing mom was in good hands. Seeing my sister and brothers and their families was great! We had such a nice time together...I miss them all so much! It was kinda bittersweet for me to leave Hawaii, the home I love and the family I love, but I really missed my husband and kids and knew this was really where I needed to be. Now that I'm home again with MY family, I'm cherishing every moment and making up for the lost time.

1 comment:

Our Fabulous Five said...

Hi Luana,

thank you for the invitation I really enjoyed your family stories. Are you able to send the video of your nephew's graduation through my email I wasn't able to open the video? The picture that you sent with your son placing a flag in front of the home is that your home? It looks beautiful. Your children are growing so much and they look more and more like you. It's always a wonderful sight when you see friends with their new family, thank you.