Monday, June 23, 2008

Week Long Scout Camp at Camp Potosi



Joey went on one of his week long camping trips to Camp Potosi, just about an hour from where we live. He really didn't want to go at first, mostly because I was gone to Hawaii and he knew I'd be coming home while he was away at camp. He's such a "home body", just like me. Anyway, the parents were invited up to camp the last night, Friday, for a dinner. I was really excited to go because I missed him and wanted to see him again. Bryce & I, and a couple of other parents went up and enjoyed a Steak Dinner with our boys. After dinner Joey and Andrew Blake got to be involved in the "Retiring of the Flag" ceremony which was to be held during the campfire later that night, so they had a practice session and we were able to watch that. It was nice to see Joey involved in things I know he would not experience anywhere else. I think towards the end of the week, Joey really had a nice time. It probably would've been a lot easier for him if his dad was there the whole week since he is the Scoutmaster, but it didn't work out that way for Bryce's schedule. At least next months week long camp in Arizona will be different. Bryce will be there the whole time.

No comments: