Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Can You Say...ACCIDENT PRONE?











In the last three weeks, Bryce has had to go to the emergency room two times. Two times in three weeks...is that normal? I don't think so.
Anyway, both accidents happened at work, and the first one was the day before Halloween. He was cleaning up some debris, and as he tried to push down some trash that was in a big cardboard box, there was a piece of sheet metal in the box and it cut his right wrist. He said it was deep enough where he could see the tendons move as he moved his fingers. He had to get five stitches in his wrist. Of course, I cannot stand the sight of blood or stitches. I can't even hear about it, so I probably seemed very insensitive and not comforting at all. I was most worried about this injury because it happened the day we went to Salt Lake City to help the Schroeders get their shower in, and I didn't know how Bryce was going to do all of it, but he did. He said that he actually didn't feel any pain as soon as it happened, I guess because the sheet metal was so sharp.
The second accident happened about a week ago. It was something like, they were putting a big huge pipe up on the ceiling and it wasn't secured very well. One side of the pipe fell and he tried to catch it but instead, because of the weight of it, it pushed his hand up against the wall, cutting the fingertip of his right middle finger almost off, and basically smashing two other fingers. This injury hurt more. I think what saved his fingertip from coming all the way off was his glove. I'm sure if he didn't have his glove, it would've definitely cut off his finger tip.
His injuries are looking so much better now. He already got his stitches out from his wrist, but I think the stitches in his fingertip will just dissolve or something. YUK!! It grosses me out just thinking about it. I still haven't been able to look at it. I feel so bad that I can't be more sensitive to Bryce's injuries.
I hope these are all the injuries he gets, at least for a long while. I'm sure his company feels the same. My poor husband! Who would've thought plumbing work would be so dangerous?

1 comment:

Schroeder's in a NUT SHELL! said...

WOW!!! Bryce!!! Aren't you supposed to grow out of this stage? I want to see the finger....not the bandage...lol