Friday, October 24, 2008

I've Been TAGGED!! "Where Were You?"

LuAnn is playing a game of "tag", so I'm it!! Now I am to tell "where I've been", "where I am", and "where I will be". So here goes:

  • 20 years ago - October 1988 - Wow!! Do I even remember that long ago?? I was living in my homeland, Hawaii, with my family. I was 21, working for a travel agency in Waikiki as an accounting clerk. I had a boyfriend named Pat. By then we had been dating for about 2 1/2 years. I may have been contemplating going on a mission around that time. I was the Mia Maid Advisor in Kalihi Ward. That's all I can remember about 20 years ago.

  • 10 years ago - October 1998 - I was 31. Bryce and I had been married for almost 5 years. We built our very first home in West Valley City, and had been in the house for a year. Joey was 3, Vaughn was 6 months old, and I was about 2 months pregnant with Sierra, and sicker than a dog! Can you believe it?? Yes, Vaughn and Sierra are 13 months apart.

  • 5 years ago - October 2003 - I was 36. Bryce and I married almost 10 years. We were still living in our house in West Valley City, but in the basement. We were renting out the upstairs floor. Bryce still had his plumbing business. I was working as a teller for Cyprus Credit Union. Joey was 8, in third grade, and Vaughn was 5, in Kindergarten, both at West Valley Elementary School. Sierra was 4, and Cheyenne was 2.

  • 3 years ago - October 2005 - I was 38, now living in Las Vegas for about 1 1/2 years. Bryce was working for a plumbing company out of Pleasant Grove, Utah, called U.S. Mechanical, doing the plumbing on brand new schools. Joey was 10, in fifth grade, Vaughn was 7, in second grade, and Sierra was 6, in first grade, all at Hal Smith Elementary School. Cheyenne was 4, and home with me and I loved it!! We had so much fun together, just the two of us. We lived in a 2-bedroom trailer, but we made it work. It was okay actually...nice and cozy.

  • 1 year ago - October 2007 - I was 40. We had bought a house in Henderson, Nevada . We had been living in the house for about 4 months. Bryce was still working for U.S. Mechanical, still doing plumbing on brand new schools. So many new schools were being built this year. Joey was 12, now a Deacon, and in seventh grade at Greenspun Junior High. Vaughn was 9, in fourth grade, Sierra was 8, in third grade, and Cheyenne was 6, in first grade...all at Gibson Elementary School. I'm sure I was volunteering in Cheyenne's class. Bryce was called as the Scoutmaster over the 12-13 year old boys, and I was serving as the Primary Music Leader and probably relieved to get the Sacrament Meeting program done. I think I was teaching the Primary kids "The Twelve Days of Christmas" in Hawaiian with hand motions, for our Ward Christmas Party in December.

  • This year - October 2008 - I turned 41 in August. Bryce & I will be married 15 years next month, Nov. 6th. Still living in Henderson. Bryce is still working for U.S. Mechanical doing plumbing on a new visitors center out at Red Rock. He continues to serve as the Scoutmaster over the 12-13 year old boys, and they've gone on a lot of campouts...some a week long, but mostly overnighters. Joey is now 13, in eighth grade at Greenspun...his last year. This is his third year playing the flute, but this year he's in Symphonic Band which they have more concerts and performances, will be wearing a tuxedo as their uniform, just played in his first parade for the Green Valley High School homecoming, and has improved greatly in his flute playing compared to last year. Lately he's been wanting to learn to play the drums. He is now the President of the Deacons quorum. Vaughn is 10, in fifth grade, his last year in Elementary school. He is in G.A.T.E., and is also a Safety Patrol Leader for the school. He is a Webelos in the scouting program. Sierra is 9, in fourth grade. She attends Achievement Day Activities each month and loves it, and is working really hard on her "Faith in God" book. Cheyenne is 7, in second grade. She's doing pretty well in school, she loves it, and she's really liking her teacher, Mrs. Carter, who fortunately is LDS and sings in Gladys Knights choir. They still attend Gibson Elementary. I'm still hard at work with the kids, family, and home. I'm volunteering at the school in Cheyenne's class each week. I'm still the Primary Music Leader in our ward and we had our Sacrament Meeting Program in September. It went really well, the kids did a great job, and now we are working on Christmas songs. I'll also be teaching the kids other fun Christmas songs to get ready for our Ward Christmas Party. The Primary kids always get to perform at the party and I thought it would be fun to do songs other than the ones in the Primary book. The ward members really enjoyed "The Twelve Days of Christmas" last year. This year we'll be doing "C.H.R.I.S.T.M.A.S.", and maybe I'll stick in "Mele Kalikimaka" and teach some girls the hula for that. I think they'll really enjoy it.

  • Yesterday - October 24, 2008 - It was a relaxing day for me, although there were a ton of things I could've done. After getting the kids ready and to school, I was on the computer chatting with my sister and sister-in-law, Danielle, on Facebook. Bryce had the day off from work, but he had some things to do to get ready for their scout overnight campout. After the kids were home from school, Joey and Bryce were busy packing up for camp and the younger kids and I went to a Primary activity. It was their "Cookie Party", which basically means that at the beginning of the year, the Primary President, Janelle Evans, challenged the kids that if they learned and memorized their songs and did a good job with it, they got a cookie. She made an oven and everytime the kids passed off a song, they'd put the cookie in the oven. Yesterday they celebrated their job well done of the songs and program, also did special recognitions for the kids who memorized all the Articles of Faith. I was very proud of Vaughn, Sierra, and Cheyenne for memorizing all the Articles of Faith. Bryce and Joey went on their campout and the younger kids and I went over to the Herbert's for a few hours, then we came home and went to bed. Other than Bryce getting into a fender bender in the afternoon (it wasn't his fault, someone ran into him), he's really okay, and everything was great.

  • Today - October 25, 2008 - We're getting a slow start, mainly because I'm not feeling very good, but I've already taken a shower and that always makes me feel better. Bryce & Joey still aren't home from camp, the other kids are cleaning their rooms, and I'm obviously on the blog. I was talking to my sister-in-law, Barbie, earlier. She is having a YW Personal Progress party this afternoon, a "Hawaii" theme and she wanted to know some words in Hawaiian (directions like left - hema, right - akau, forward or upward - i luna, and back - i hope). I think they'll be going through a maze blindfolded and the girl leading will have to give the directions in Hawaiian. That should be interesting just to hear the girls fumble through the pronunciation. She also wanted to know words in Hawaiian as names she could give to each girl. Very simple names like "hoku" - star, "mahina" - moon, "lani" - heaven, "pua" - flower...just simple like that. I wished I could be there so I could help her with the activity. What are we doing today? I need to go grocery shopping later, but first I'll need to get some clothes washed and folded, and the kid's bathroom cleaned. There's always things to do. Maybe Bryce & I will get our voting done at the mall. Oh, and I definitely have to prepare some last minute things for primary tomorrow.

  • Tomorrow - Sunday, October 26, 2008 - We'll be going to church for sure. I don't think Bryce will have to teach a lesson. Joey will be passing the sacrament. I'll be teaching the primary kids "The Shepherd's Carol" and "Who Is The Child?" Really nothing out of the ordinary of a Sunday. I'll be going to Choir practice after church...we're going to be learning Christmas songs. That's about all I know so far.

  • Next Year - October 2009 - Well, let's see...Hopefully there will still be a demand in the construction business and Bryce will still have a job. I'm hoping he'll have another calling instead of being the Scoutmaster. Joey will be 14, almost 15...WOW!! He'll be in ninth grade at Green Valley High School (that's if we're still living here). Vaughn will be 11 and in sixth grade at Greenspun Jr. High, and I'm sure he'll have all accelerated classes. Yeah!! I hope he'll be taller. Sierra will be 10, and in fifth grade, her last year in elementary school. And Cheyenne will be 8, so she'll be baptized by next year. She'll be in third grade, and I hope she'll do a lot better in school. I of course will be a hundred pounds lighter!! Uh huh, right!! But I hope to be lighter, whatever it may be! And I'll be a year older...42!! WHOA!!! I hope to still have my Primary music calling because I love it!! I hope my mom will still be alive. I hope my dad will still be alive. I hope we'll be debt free, and have our food storage well filled. I think my nephew, Matthew, will be leaving for his mission around this time. Maybe he'll come to Vegas to go to the temple since the Hawaii temple will be under renovation. I may be going to Provo to take him to the MTC, along with his family I'm sure. I'll be crying like a baby, his mom says...probably worse than her! That's all I can think of.

Okay, now I have to tag someone...so I am tagging...my sisters-in-law, Danielle & Barbie, Todd Larson, and Christine Kuia. You all are IT!! It's actually fun, you'll see!!



3 comments:

Schroeder's in a NUT SHELL! said...

Good Job!!! Loved your tag and hearing all about you.....tagging is actually fun and makes you think about a lot of things!!! I can't believe how the kids are growing!!! Cheyenne is getting baptized next year...oh my goodness....we need to find a way to get out there for the baptism...we missed Sierra's and still feel terrible about that...wish it was easier!!

goodluckbarb said...

O.K. I'll have to find a baby sitter for this one! I don't type fast w/ 2 hands let alone 1 handed w/ a baby. I had not really thought about how close Vaughn and Serria are! How did you do that?!! You made it some how. I remember when you would go from mess to mess with Vaughn. He was a busy guy. I bet you miss it a little bit don't you. I think where you are is very fun as well. Just a different kind of fun

Our Fabulous Five said...

Your TAG was the BOMB!!! "Happy early Anniversary" What a coincidence your 15th Anniversary is tomorrow; our 19th Anniversary was yesterday.

Thank you for sharing it's as if being there with you all and seeing your family growth-this is awesome and I'm looking forward to reading more of your family events. Have a safe and wonderful Holiday season. We hope to see you and your family someday soon.