Saturday, July 5, 2008

Our Fourth of July Holiday












Our day started off really well, at least for some of us. Bryce, Joey, and some other scouts and leaders started their morning putting up flags in the neighborhood. I had an opportunity to go with them. I really wanted to just take pictures which I did, but I ended up driving Bryce, Joey, and Orlando around which made their job go a lot faster. Bryce was able to put up some flags while Joey and Orlando put up some. For them, they get to do it on a few holidays during the year, but for me it was my first time and I really enjoyed it. It gave me a real sense of patriotism for our country and especially our flag. It really is a beautiful flag. There were people out walking their dogs, or taking a walk and I would see them smile as they watched these young men in uniform respectfully put up our countries flag. I felt so proud of them! They also were able to sign up 5 new houses for flags to be put up in their yards. Other people weren't interested but they did donate some money to the troop. That's awesome! Another thing we did later on in the day was go swimming. Our friends were out of town for the week and they told us we could go swimming at their house anytime while they were gone so we took advantage of it and went. The water was very warm and it was just nice to have the pool all to ourselves. The weather was perfect for a swim and the sun wasn't directly over us so it was very comfortable...not overwhelmingly hot! We ended the night with a great dinner. Bryce barbequed some chicken and it was delicious! We had just a nice, quiet and relaxing holiday...just our family. I really enjoyed it!

No comments: